Certified Business Relationship Manager® (CBRM) virtual classroom course
CBRM® is the Institutes ‘Practitioner’ course and is based on the latest game changing BRM interactive BOK. It explains how to develop an organisation-wide BRM capability utilising an extensive range of tools and techniques
The digital era is already demonstrating how game-changing developments can rapidly and positively impact businesses and public services. Organisations of all types have never been so keen to capture the opportunities that new technologies can provide. But are we ready to help business succeed?
Right now, executives are demanding better support from their IT, HR and Finance teams. However relationships between business and these key functions, especially IT, are typically immature.
The Business Relationship Management (BRM) capability (also referred to as "Business Partnering") moves all functions to converge with business, have one set of goals, and become strategic partners with a shared responsibility to deliver business value. A key aspect is to advance a different culture - improving how we communicate, being emotionally more aware, breaking down silos, and support an agile ways of working.
The BRM Institute was incorporated in March 2013 with a mission to “Create a better world through globally recognized standards, certifications, research, professional development opportunities, volunteer and networking experiences by being the home for professionals who leverage our BRM community and BRM standards to satisfy purpose, evolve culture, build partnerships, and drive value.”
CBRM® is the Institutes 'Practitioner' course and is based on the latest game changing BRM interactive BOK. It explains how to develop an organisation
-wide BRM capability utilising an extensive range of tools and techniques. It covers the following key objectives:
• Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role
• Build business relationships and a culture that excels at business value results
• Build and sustain trust relationships between Business Partner and Provider
• Assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity
• Assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies
• Apply communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value
• Influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets
• Promote business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence
• Use Value Management to define, realize and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets
• Foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities
• Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value
• Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM capability
• Influence the development and deployment of enabling Provider capabilities to support new business capabilities.
• Foster organizational focus on business value results of investments in new business capabilities
This course, which is a physical event held in Birmingham (UK), will run over 4 days with the exam on the 4th day. If you need to take the exam at a later date, this can be arranged easily.
Our unique instructor-led learning approach uses a web-based interactive platform that provides a blend of presentation, media and online shared discussion groups. It is integrated with the BRM Institute Campus online BRMiBOK, with hot links and reading assignments. You'll have online access and support to a private version of all the course materials including discussion groups before, during and for 3 months after the conclusion of the class.
This class will be run by Jeremy Byrne, an MBRM certified trainer who holds a Senior IT Business Partner position at Rolls Royce. Jeremy will share his knowledge and offer practical guidance on how to embed the BRM capability in your organisation, utilising his experience and the full suite of tools available on the Campus
Note - delegates registered for the BRM Community event on 10th Nov will be receive a 10% discount. Upon registration you'll be sent a voucher code which you can enter at our check-out
CBRM® Learning Objectives
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise
- Understand how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster a culture that excels at business value results
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks
- Be able to assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time
- Be able to assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement
- Be able to apply cross-organization communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organization
- Be able to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy
- Promote and catalyze business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence
- Be able to use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to define, realize and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets
- Apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships
Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business
- Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM role and capability
- Influence the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value. Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Contribute to Business Transition Management in order to foster organizational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities